Library Donation Guidelines
The Friends of the Hamilton-Wenham Public Library will accept books, CDs, and DVDs in good condition to sell at our book sales.
- Please pack donations so they lay flat in a sturdy box or paper bag, or place loose individual items on the donation cart near the Circulation Desk.
- Donations are accepted during library hours. Do not leave donations outside the library when the library is closed!
- Please call ahead (978-468-5577) if you have a large donation that is more than 1 box or 2 paper bags.
We do not accept...
- Textbooks with a publication date prior to 2000.
- Encyclopedias, magazines, or Reader's Digest condensed books.
- Cassette tapes, records, puzzles, games, or toys.
- Musty, moldy, or damp items. These items endanger our library and your home. THROW THEM AWAY!
Other places to donate
We suggest you contact Big Hearted Books to dispose of books and records that our library cannot accept. Even if Big Hearted Books cannot sell these items, they will dispose of them in an environmentally friendly way. Their contact information is:
Big Hearted Books
5 Merchant Street, Suite B
Sharon, MA 02067
For other items, try the Big Brother Big Sister organization, Salvation Army, Goodwill, etc. Donations can be hand delivered to SAVERS and the Used Book Superstore (formerly Got Books), both located at Endicott Plaza in Danvers.
Thank you for your adhering to our guidelines. Your donations make it possible for the Friends to fund museum passes and programs for our library.